Turn Your Home Into a Tapas Bar
The Chefs at Honest Weight in Toronto have come up with an amazing menu for two, inspired by the exotic flavours of the Canary islands, to accompany the wines of Bodegas Tajinaste - Blanco Seco and Tinto Tradicional.
Tapas to start:
- Banderilla with seared albacore tuna, boquerone, guindilla, and olive.
- Salt Cod brandade croquetas with saffron aioli.
- Piquillo pepper stuffed with morcilla and bomba rice.
- Almogrote Canario, a spread of goat cheese, roasted tomatoes, garlic, and paprika.
- Papas Arrugadas - traditional "wrinkled potatoes' with mojo rojo and mojo verde.
Have fun - open both bottles and try a sip of each wine with a bite of each tapas. Let us know what you think by post on Instagram at @thewinecoaches
The main event:
Zarzuela de Mariscos - mussels, clams, shrimp, and monkfish in a rich seafood broth.
And for dessert:
Bienmesabe Canario - an Island favourite, with Arabic origins, a rich almond custard with cinnamon and lemon zest.
Dinner for two, including the two bottles of wine, is $190 plus taxes. You can reserve now for March 12th, 13th, and 14th, but your order must be in before March 8th.
To reserve, call Honest Weight at 416-604-9992 or email them at email@example.com
And to help wth the entertainment for the event we have come up with a playlist on Spotify, a link to some dance classes, and a short introduction from us describing these amazing wines.